Thursday, November 8, 2018

Cicelya Beard

Cicelya Beard











Image result for Nutrition






Daily Dose of Health
One way in which our health is important to us is that it keeps us from taking a daily dose of medication. What brings to light is that not all medicine can cure sickness and that's why we should take inconsideration what we put into our bodies.


Why is this major issue effective to me? How does it help our community?

This social issue is effective to me because I want people to understand that they can better their health with just portioning their plates. They can change the ability of getting sick, prevent diagnosis and set great examples to many people in society. I want to see happy faces and living.



   This social issue matters to me because I have seen people who want to live a healthier life but don't know how to apply the ideas of being healthy. I also have read articles and newspapers of how special meals, that are cooked at school have effected kids healthy way of living. I say to our kids , "As young as you are you should want to prevent early diagnosis, eat your 3 meals a day and snack between those meals. Also, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It's important because you want to function properly in class. Lastly, I say eat what you love in small portions but be active such as going on a jog, playing with your niece and nephew, or it can be just walking your dog.

My Experience
From my personal experience, I didn't treat my body well or I wasn't eating my meals. I was skipping out on meals daily thinking because I didn't eat I'm doing fine. No! I actually learn the hard way. I was in and out the doctor daily. I was diagnosis with anemia. That wasn't the only thing , I was actually being picked on. A long the way, I started looking anorexic. As an athlete, it is important to get your meals in day by day. I started it out by making sure I applied a protein, some carbs and veggies . This pretty much gave me all my nutrition I needed daily. I started to not feel fatigue, I was more engaged, I felt healthy, and I started feeling like myself ;instead, of trying to fit into society. Even trying to loss weight because i felt fat didn't make things better. PLEASE make sure you get your daily dose of nutrition for a better health living. The idea is to eat at home. Don't eat out. Just because it contains a protein, carbs and veggies doesn't make it good. In life we live and learn and  FAST food is a FAST way to a heart attack and to unhealthy habits.


Image result for health

Fun Facts

Every plate you eat should contain a Protein, Carbs and Veggies. If your not eating a plate like that I'm sorry buddy your losing out on the important nutrition.


Statistics
Breakfast consumption by children and adolescents in the United States has declined over time. Between 1965 and 1991, breakfast consumption in preschoolers, children ages 8 to 10 years old, and adolescents declined by 5%, 9%, and 13% to 20%

"social scientists have devised a variety of statistical measures of the health of nations. These can be under three broad headings: health outcomes, the provision of health services, and lifestyle choices that affect health. All are central to any evaluation of a nation's standard of living and quality of life (Engerman 1997)."

Intake of fruits and vegetables was low in all age groups, approximately 2.2, 2.4 and 2.8 servings/day (adding both) for the 8–9, and 10–11 y respectively

Figure 3

" LUNCHPOWER is the name of a Minnesota project that's designed to help schools serve lunches that are lower in fat and sodium."

"Their goal was to come up with a monthly school lunch menu that would average no more than 30 percent of calories from fat. They began by establishing criteria for maximum levels of fat and sodium. And, to make sure meals would provide adequate amounts of energy, they also established calorie requirements."

"LUNCHPOWER was tested in 34 elementary schools in the 4 participating districts during 5 months in 1991--withgood results."

Reflections of Public audience


    
   "I'm effected by the social issue of nutritious eating because it prevents people from being diagnosis with diseases, sickness and worries. If your eating unhealthy, it does damage to your body maybe not right away but over time. It doesn't hurt to snack on something you love to eat but make sure its a small portion. Please, don't take for granted the issue . I'm not saying completely change for society but I'm mostly saying be more aware of foods that may harm the body. "

Keren Gonzales

She says, "Treat your body like a temple! Remember that what you put in your body is what will get you through your long hard days wither it is at work, school or being at home. For the community, it is a social hazard to be aware, that your body isn't receiving the proper care. The best way to fix it is to fight the hunger and challenge yourself daily and feel the difference of living a healthy lifestyle." 







Nick Harper


"Nutrition has been the most compromising idea to living a healthy life because without nutrition you can't live a healthy life. There will always be something wrong with your body. You experience aches and pain. You may even be pron to being mobilize if you decide to live the worse life ;instead, of your best life. Look, it only take a few baby steps to get you started. 1. choose your breakfast, lunch, and dinner wisely every plate should contain a protein, carbs and veggies. 2. do a physical activity 3. relax and enjoy your day knowing you are living stress free of a health issue that may jeopardize your living."

Citation
1. Steckel, Richard H. , " Health, Nutrition, and Physical Well-Being " in chapter Bd of Historical Statistics of the United States, Earliest Times to the Present: Millennial Edition, edited by Susan B. CarterNew York: Cambridge University Press, 2006.

2.Johnson, R.K. Changing eating and physical activity patterns of US children. Proc Nutr Soc. 2000; 59: 295–301











No comments:

Post a Comment