Thursday, November 9, 2017

Aracely Arechiga- Bullying

                                                            BULLYING 

                                                   By: Aracely Arechiga


Introduction

Bulling is defined as a superior strength or influence to intimidate someone typically to force him or her to do what one wants. Bullying and harassment are problems that affect everyone in and out of their homes. Bullying is prominent in schools but can also happen in work. Society portrays bullying as a problem that only affects younger populations, but older individuals can also suffer or can be affected by bullying. The affects of bullying produce long term consequences to both the bully and the victim.


Action 

My action is to gather people and have them connect with others and inform them that bullying is increasing over the years and we should take an action together as a community. My goal is for the community to stand for the victims who have been bullied and perhaps help the victims and the bullies in the best way possible.



Research

Bullying has increased so much over the years, Thus bullying is one of many causes of death. As a research conducted bullying and harassment is affecting 70% of the student body. As Stated, 28% of US. Students in grades 6-12(Middle School and High School)  have experienced bullying. Also 20% of US. students in grades 9-12 (High School) have experienced bullying.
Approximately 30% of young people admit to bully others in surveys that were conducted. 70.6% of young people say they have witnessed bullying in their schools. 70.4% of school staff have been witnessed of bullying, also more than half students see kids getting bullied more than two times in a month. Bullying is happening everyday. when a bully sees and adult or someone whom is superior to them in whatever occupation then the bully stops. The bully can stop within 10 seconds but as soon as that adult supervisor is gone the bully is most likely to continue.

References 



Personal 


The main reason I chose this social issue is because I have been affected by bullying. When I was a little girl a bully would always take my pairs of gloves, and poke me, It was horrible and irritated. I was only in the third grade, this female was a year older than me, she had flunked one grade. It was at the point where I would not even want to go to school anymore, I was tired of being poked and of her taking all my pairs of gloves. Being bullied is one of the worst things that can happen.
This topic is important to me because one close family member suffered from bullying. It was very horrible, my cousin Javier suffered from bullying and was at a level of depression. Thus this impacts my community because my community isn't safe at school anymore one would think kids are safe and wont be bothered but since schools are short with staff anything can happen and bullies are free. Another reason why I chose this issue was because I witnessed my cousin Javier in depression because of bullying. He was in middle school, he did not want to go to school, he would cry in the shower and on his own before going to bed. He would also cry in the mornings begging his mom not to take him to school. This was very depressing and sad. After gaining courage he was able to tell his mom and I. We walked to his school and spoke to the principal. My cousin was even more scared to return to school. the bully had his consequences and did not return to school anymore. This taught me that hiding and being a victim is not good, it can be hard to seek for help but after all it is worth it.


Interview


-"I refuse to fall for your selfish games" -Javier A. Loaiza



 
-"Don't let anyone ruin your day. Always be the bigger person, always do what you believe is right. Don't be afraid to stand up for yourself. Each Individual person is important in our world." -Erika K. Beisser



No comments:

Post a Comment